16-30. M1079 DOOR SEAL AND RETAINER REPLACEMENT (CONT)
b. Door Seal and Retainer Installation.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors, and
are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep away from open fire and use in a well-ventilated area.
If adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap
and water. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Apply sealing compound to door seal (1) and door jam
(2) Install door seal (1) on door jam (2).
(3) Apply sealing compound to door seal retainer (3) and
door jam (2).
Coat all rivets with sealing compound prior to
installation. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(4) Apply sealing compound to three rivets (4).
(5) Install door seal retainer (3) on door jam (2) with three
c. Latch Striker Removal.
Top and bottom latch strikers are removed
the same way. Top latch striker shown.
Remove two screws (1), lockwashers (2), latch striker (3)
and shim (4) from van body wall (5). Discard lockwashers.