Perform step (1) only if axle shaft is not being
(1) Remove screw from axle shaft (1).
(2) Align splines of axle shaft (1) with gears in differential
(3) Install axle shaft (1) in wheel hub assembly (2).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(4) Apply adhesive to grease cap (3).
(5) Install grease cap (3) on wheel hub assembly (2).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Add oil to differential carrier (Appendix H).
(2) Add oil to wheel hub assembly (Appendix H).
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) Road test vehicle and check for unusual noise or
vibration from axles.
(5) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(6) Check around grease cap for oil leaks.
End of Task.