11-5. REAR BRAKE PLUNGER ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Brake shoes may be covered with
Breathing this dust may be
harmful to your health. Do not use
compressed air to clean brake shoes.
Wear a filter mask approved for use
against brake dust. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel.
locations prior to disassembly.
Anchor plungers and adjusting plungers are
opposite each other in each plunger housing.
The positions are reversed for opposite sides
of the wheel. Perform the following procedure
to disassemble both plunger assemblies.
(2) Remove guide screw (3) and lockwasher (4) from
plunger housing (5). Discard lockwasher.
(3) Remove seal (6) and anchor plunger (7) from plunger
(4) Remove adjusting pawl assembly (8) and lockwasher
(9) from plunger housing (5). Discard lockwasher.
(5) Remove seal (10), adjusting screw (11), and adjusting
plunger (12) from plunger housing (5).