11-22. REAR GLADHAND REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Steps (9) through (11) require the aid of
(9) Install identification plate (6) and gladhand (2) in rear
crossmember (7) with lockwasher (8) and nut (9).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to
skin and clothing. Keep away from
open fire and use in a well-ventilated
area. If adhesive, solvent, or sealing
compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury
(10) Apply antiseize compound to threads of reducer fitting
(11) Install reducer fitting (10) in adapter fitting (4).
(12) Connect air hose (11) to reducer fitting (10).
(13) Install dummy coupling (12) on gladhand (2).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Release TRAILER AIR SUPPLY and SYSTEM PARK
valves (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Check gladhand for air leaks.
Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
End of Task.