11-3. REAR BRAKE SHOES REPLACEMENT/ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
(2) Remove two return springs (3) from brake shoes (4).
(3) Remove brake shoes (4) from holddown clips (5).
(4) Perform rear brake plunger assembly replacement/
repair (para 11-5).
Replace wheel drums that fail visual
inspection. Failure to comply may result
in damage to equipment.
(1) Clean wheel drums of all mud, sand, and debris.
(2) Inspect wheel drums for the following:
a. Braking surface of wheel drums must be free of
scoring and cracks.
b. Maximum inside diameter, which is stamped on
wheel drum, does not exceed 15.12 in. (384 mm).
c. Wheel drum mounting holes must not be egg-
shaped or have cracks around edges.
d. Wheel drum mounting surface must be flat.
(2.1) Inspect brake shoes for presence of scallops at brake
shoe lining four inner corners.