16-25. M1079 LIFT CASTING REPLACEMENT (CONT)
(5) Pry lift casting (1) over blind rivet nut heads (7) on top
and side of van body (8).
(6) Remove lift casting (1) from van body (8).
(7) Remove sealing compound from van body (8).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
All four lift castings are installed the same
way. Left front lift casting shown.
(1) Apply sealing compound to van body (1) on area where
lift casting (2) attaches.
(2) Apply sealing compound to inside surface of lift casting
(3) Position lift casting (2) on van body (1).